Friday, April 6, 2012

Day 8...Beaufort, S.C.


FRIDAY, APRIL 6, 2012

     I had a horrible night last night.  One of the riverfront restaurants was playing music until after one this morning.  The bass was pounding so hard that it reminded me of a tooth throbbing.  It was awful.  I finally turned our little portable fan on high to create some white noise.  I guess I finally fell asleep.
     We awoke to a morning filled with dark clouds everywhere.  The day only improved marginally.  The overcast skies made the day so drab and dreary.  It was a perfect day to do laundry and use the free Internet to catch up with some of the emailing I keep putting off until later.  The temperature only rose from 53 to 55 degrees all day long. Yucky, yucky, yucky.
     I realize that I need to take my camera everywhere.  On the way to the laundry, Gary and I saw a bird walking on one of the dock lines across the water like it was on a tight rope.  I wish I had my camera.  On our shakedown cruise to Sanford, I learned that I need to take the picture when I have the chance instead of waiting until another time because there might not be another chance.  So from now on where I go my camera goes too.
     We did take a walk and ate hotdogs for lunch.  I don’t want to talk about that.  I’ll just say the hotdogs were nothing like the very affordable and very good Jag Dogs near Ortega Landing Marina in Jacksonville.

Bay Street
     These are a few pictures of downtown Beaufort, including the Arsenal and Visitor’s Center, that I took during our walk.
An old former bank



The Arsenal & Visitors Center
Downtown restaurant
    
     I also took some pictures of the beautiful, old historic homes on Bay Street that all face the anchorage.  


An anchorage in Beaufort

"The Anchorage"
The blue porch ceiling of "The Anchorage"














"Tabby House"
                                                      






Waterfront park
   The last pictures Gary and I took were of places in the waterfront park along the Beaufort River.  One of them is Traveller at the marina.  You can see it between two bigger boats.  There is also one of Traveller in Slip A23.


Riverwalk
Me on a park swing
 Can you find Traveller in the marina?
 



















    The full moon is beautiful tonight for our last night in Beaufort.  The loud music has started again so I know we won't be coming back here if it's near the weekend.  I can't take the lack of sleep.  We’re heading north tomorrow.  I don’t know where’re going to stop next.  We’ll let you know.

1 comment:

  1. Haven't been there in a while but it looks familiar. You're on to uncharted waters now.

    ReplyDelete