Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Day 12...Georgetown, S. C.


TUESDAY, APRIL 10, 2012

      This morning Gary and I walked to the Kudzu Bakery and bought cinnamon buns.  We brought them back to the boat for breakfast.  They were really good.



     We walked through town again and looked at the boats next to the Harborwalk.  It is a wooden promenade along much of the waterfront.  There is a grassy park near the entrance.


  

   We ate lunch at the Thomas Café on Front Street.  It has been there for 75 years.  We learned about it in blogs written by boaters traveling the Great Loop.  The food was delicious.  Gary has promised me breakfast next time we’re here.
     I know I promised not to publish tons of pictures so I’m going to really try to curb the number of house pictures.  It’s going to be hard since there are so many beautiful houses in this town.  There are houses from the 1730’s, 1800’s and 1900’s.  There is a map you can get from the Chamber of Commerce that identifies them.  I’m making the house pictures smaller but you can click on each picture to make it larger.  That will help you see the details in the pictures we are taking with my new camera.










  There is even a very old oak in town that has its own historic marker.  Gary is my marker reader.  He gives me the abbreviated version of each one.


     
















     We have really enjoyed our time here.   I would like to visit again on our way back home.  I will publish pictures about the marina tomorrow.  We are heading to Myrtle Beach to visit family.

     One last picture.  Allison and Sara ask the kids if they think Grandma can wear this flip flop.  Love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment